The Certificate in Duty Free and Travel Retail will provide learners with a solid introduction to the Duty Free and Travel Retail industry, its key players, and operating model. Students who complete the course will be better equipped to understand the DF &TR customers and how to best engage with them to drive sales and deliver the best shopping experience.
This course is designed for those wishing to develop their careers in the industry: retail sales professionals, individuals from brand and industry support organisations who are either new to the industry or wish to further deepen their knowledge, and commercial executives from the Aviation and Maritime industries.
The course consists of the following modules:
- Module 1 – Introduction to the Duty Free and Travel Retail Industry
- Module 2 – The Duty Free and Travel Retail Consumer
- Module 3 – Delivering the Best Customer Experience
At the end of each module there will be an assessment in the form of a multiple-choice quiz.
The duration of the course will be approximately 9 hours, with optional tasks to translate theory into action in the workplace.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the key elements of the Duty Free and Travel Retail (DF & TR) industry, including its evolution, the key sales channels, emerging trends, and the concessionaire model
- Describe the key regions, retailers, and brands and their share of sales
- Explain how changing consumer trends impact DF & TR, specifically Digital and Sustainability
- Describe the profile, behaviour, and motivations of the DF & TR Shopper
- Define the key steps in the DF & TR customer journey
- Identify the key components of, and how to optimise, the customer experience
- Apply the knowledge gained from the course to better engage consumers and drive sales across the journey
Discounts apply for multiple enrolments from the same company. For more information please contact email@example.com.
The fee includes access to a rich collection of relevant materials which will allow students explore more deeply area of interest to them.
Duration – approximately 9 hours total learning.
Extensive additional reading materials are provided in course resources which will permit student to explore more deeply specific areas of interest.
The Course is accredited by the DFWCA, and students who successfully complete the course will receive a DFWCA Certificate in Duty Free and Travel Retail.