Join the 1000’s of students who have already taken the course and hold a certificate in the Responsible Sale of Alcohol.
Retailers and category brand owners from across the globe came together in 2015 to create a voluntary Code of Conduct for the Responsible Sale of Alcohol in Duty Free. Over 100 companies have signed up to the Code, including most of the industry’s leading retailers and brands.
The industry specific code addresses the unique nature of alcohol sales in the highly regulated duty free and travel retail channel: allowance restrictions, international travellers often unfamiliar with local languages and laws, virtually no unaccompanied minors in stores, etc.
A training course, already taken by thousands of students, provides practical guidelines on the implementation of the Code in Duty Free and Travel Retail Stores.
- Section 1 – defines what responsible retailing of alcohol means in the duty free and travel retail industry
- Section 2 – identifies our responsibilities in promoting health, safety, and legal compliance in the sale, promotion, and marketing of alcohol
- Section 3 – identifies some customers that might require special consideration when handling an alcohol sale or conducting a sampling activity and how to interact with such customers
- Section 4 – provides guidelines for setting up the store to promote responsible retailing and conducting sampling activities
- Section 5 – outlines strategies for handling the sale of alcohol products responsibly across the four key stages of the sale
- Section 6 – gives tips on how to engage in respectful conversations that promote positive outcomes
On completion of the course students will
- understand why a specific Code of Conduct has been developed for duty free and travel retail and its contents
- be able to set out the store with clear communication on pricing and promotions, and inform the customer on customs and security limits
- know how to conduct sampling activities in line with industry best practice
- learn how to navigate the four stages of the sales process to ensure optimal outcomes for the customer and the retailer
- gain valuable tips on dealing with different shopper profiles and how to manage potentially troublesome customers
The course is offered Free of Charge.
Course Duration approx. 60 minutes
The Course is accredited by the DFWCA.
For corporate registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Course is accredited by the DFWCA and has been created with the support of Brown Forman Global Travel Retail and Bacardi.