Retailers and category brand owners from across the globe participated to the Duty Free World Council’s consultation process through 2020 and into 2021 to create an industry specific Code of Conduct for the sale of Confectionery, Chocolate and Biscuit Products in Duty Free & Travel Retail.
The Code recognises the unique nature of the channel and differences from domestic market retailing, targeting sales primarily towards adult purchasers with a focus on gifting, premium and limited edition products.
To facilitate the rollout of the Code and to act as an aid to interpretation a training course is being developed to support, guide, and facilitate the implementation of the Code by all involved in the sales of these products in the Duty Free and Travel Retail industry, particularly retail professionals, category vendors and their marketing partners.
- Section 1 – Rationale and Objective of the Code of Conduct
- Section 2 – Guidelines for Sales in Duty Free and Travel Retail
- Section 3 – Guiding Principles for Customer Communications and Engagement
- Section 4 – Assessment – 10 Multiple Choice questions
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the rationale and purpose of the Code of Conduct
- Articulate the key guidelines for instore sales and merchandising
- Describe the guiding principles for customer communications and engagement – both in and out of store
- Recognize the actions they should take in their role to act in accordance with the Code
For corporate registration or to deliver via a corporate LMS please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Duration approx.. 30 minutes
The Course is accredited by the DFWCA, and students who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate confirming their successful completion of the training programme.
The course is offered Free of Charge and has been developed with the support of Mondelez International, Nestle and Hershey’s.